Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Creativity

Silence and stillness, stillness in silence
*CRRACK!* I heard, and the solid surface gave

I am how the ice cracks
When you excitedly stretch your foot away
From solid ground and give it to the ice

I am the force that separates the ice into smaller pieces

Each spindling thread is mine
To have and to hold
To shake and to pour
From a central beat

They dance away from each other
Tinking and pinging in song

I am the water that is essential for the ice to exist

I am how the ice cracks inside a person's mind
I am how the ice cracks, and other things of the kind
Bit I am how the ice cracks, because you will find
That would not happen is God were design-blind

Complete and terrible
I encompass all things

*each stanza was a chosen excerpt from a student free-write then compiled into a poem to answer the question "What is creativity?"

No comments: