Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Hiss

Alas
It seems there's been a misunderstanding
Between the definition
And distinction,
Of a word.
And a situation.
This. Is. My. Battle.
This is. not. my fight
What I begin
I will close
What you begin
I will hold.
You throw the shot
I assume we fight
And I will be damned.
If I let my sheild down
And all of you.
Every one.
Who told me to let it go
To just forgive.
I did.
The time before,
and before,
before.
This is now.
And I'm though with it.



-------------



I don't think
I know
You don't understand
You empathize, maybe
But otherwise blind.
Maybe I'm strange,
Or just slightly odd
But I'm tired of this.
I'm done with being told to just forget it
I didn't start this,
Why is it mine?
I stand up for you
Why can't you just stand by me?
You don't have to fight
Just don't tell me to surrender
Because just. this. once.
I want to stand.
No more falling.
Please.
Just let me be human.
Let me be angry.

No comments: