Monday, October 29, 2007

Rest In Peace

I don't know
I guess i'm sorry
Just sorry
Sorry that for a minute i forgot
That you hurt her, she loved me
You made her cry
And I hate you for that
But I miss you
I miss you because I never knew you
Hell, what about the others
Did you ever let anyone know you?
What was your favorite color?
What did you do for fun?
Wait.
I know this one
You. wrote.
Wrote history alive
Gave me a story that i understood
I was so...Proud
Proud to have your blood.
I remember sitting, and thinking
So this is where i got it from
This desire to tell the story, to make it real
It came from you.
And from you, came him
And from him, me.
And I, I need him.
I need to understand.
Why.
Why didn't you just look around and see?
You're a fucking writer, observe
Figure out what's going on
This wasn't supposed to be a tragedy
So I'm not going to cry anymore
Dry eyed.
I'm sorry

No comments: